Somaca issued the following announcement on Nov. 30.
Of the 38 cars eligible this year, the 60 jury members from 23 European countries were invited to choose 7 models for the final. The Alpine A110 is the only two-seater sports car. As every year, journalists vote according to several criteria: design, safety, comfort, handling, technological innovations, consumption, or the cost of use.
In February 2019, the 7 nominated cars will be thoroughly tested by all the members of the jury on the CERAM test circuit in Mortefontaine (near Paris). The winner will be announced on Monday, March 4th, on the eve of the first press day of the Geneva Motor Show.
ALPINE A110 SETS RECORDS
The Alpine A110 continues to inspire enthusiasm as it has been priced since its launch in 2017:
- Argus Trophy 2018: it is voted "best sport of the year 2017" by the Net surfers.
- FAI 2018: it is elected "most beautiful car of the year 2017", after the vote of Internet users organized by the 33rd Festival Automobile International of Paris.
- Coach Awards 2018: She was elected "five-star car" during the 2018 Autocar Awards held at the Silverstone circuit in Great Britain. This award is given to vehicles that received the maximum five-star rating during Autocar's road tests in the last twelve months.
- TopGear Magazine 2018: She is voted "Sportswoman of the Year 2018" by the BBC Car Magazine.
- Echappement Magazine 2018: it is elected "Sports of the year 2018" by the French magazine, unanimously acclaimed by test drivers, readers and editors.
Original source: https://group.renault.com/actualites/blog-renault/alpine-a110-parmi-les-7-finalistes-pour-la-voiture-de-lannee-2019/